...and then write a letter of your own. It's also posted here.
Here's a blurb I received in my inbox today:
Call for Letters To MPs, Stephen Harper, & the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women Canada in support of increased core funding for women's equality-seeking groupsLinks:
R.E.A.L. Women lobbying to have Status of Women Canada disbanded
Apparently, REAL Women is engaging in a letter campaign to the federal government to have the Status of Women Canada (SWC) disbanded. Hence letters supporting SWC to the government from feminist groups are needed at this point.
Below is a copy of an article from the REAL Women website that provides some ideas for where they are going with the new government. We've highlighted one section that you should look at if you don't have time, or the stomach to read the whole sorry thing.
Also below, appears a copy of a National Post column that is no doubt the start of the right wing press to support their agenda.
This would be a good time to write your MP, Stephen Harper, and to the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women Canada in support of increased core funding for women's equality-seeking groups!
Let's not let them do to women in the whole country what they've done to us in Ontario!
Find your local MP's contact info
Read the REAL Women article
And a highlighted section of that item
Read the National Post article
Again:
Find your local MP's contact info
And write a letter.
4 comments:
Write my MP a letter? I run into him every few days on the street, so it'd be easier just to talk to him.
See? There's a wicked cool reason for living where you are!
You mean not everyone gets to know their MP? Everywhere I've lived in the last five years (Whitehorse, Prince Rupert, Fort Smith), I've known my MPs fairly well. Here I usually see the MP at parties, chatting with reporters.
There's an article there, man. That's NEVER - not once, in all the cities I've lived in - happened to me!
Post a Comment