2:03 AM
Just finished the last remaining stories in Ivan E. Coyote's Loose End. Why I decided to pick up the book again after midnight is beyond me, and so again, I'm up and wide awake with my brain doing sleepy flip-flops.
Right before turning to the Afterword, I caught Coda in the corner of my eye. I watched the old guy negotiate a tower of dirty laundry piled atop the already full hamper, jump, unsettle the load and topple to the floor with a good number of items along with him. I pretended not to see as he steadied himself and jumped again, and made it. Then he jumped to the top of the dresser beside it, maneuvered around the junk on top of that (and didn't knock over one thing), then dug behind the hanging clothes to finally nest in the other overstuffed laundry basket on the other side. Not bad for a 16-year old. I suspect he isn't as near to senile as I'd originally thought: there must be another reason for his recent misses of the litterbox...
Is it because I didn't have to prep a lecture tonight that I noticed?
No comments:
Post a Comment