No more lost luggage on each and every trip I make from here on in that has me straying outside of Canada's borders. This last adventure (with phone calls, multiple log ins to AirCanada's website desperately trying to find out some or any status, misinformation from 'service' people - each call a different person with a different story - being told that the luggage has been "found," but they weren't quite sure where, to filling out the declaration forms after one call suggested it might be a good idea to get ahead of the process, to the eventual arrival of them 5 days after I did) was enough for me. I'm leaving again in less than two weeks, and decided that I actually did need to buy an addition to the luggage my parents bought me as a teenager (as one of those rite-of-passage-to-adulthood Xmas or Bday presents), and got myself a 'cabin trolley.' It arrived yesterday (wow, do I love love online shopping) and for a cheap little red bag, it should do just fine as a conference carry-all (in addition to my shoulder bag) with one decent presentation outfit, comfies, walkabout clothes, a second pair of shoes and toiletries - and the paper/acetates/whatever I happen to be presenting with. Won't be able to bring along any crochet projects, but that's a small price to pay for worry-free luggage! Suh-weet!17 July 2005
girlie's got a brand new bag
No more lost luggage on each and every trip I make from here on in that has me straying outside of Canada's borders. This last adventure (with phone calls, multiple log ins to AirCanada's website desperately trying to find out some or any status, misinformation from 'service' people - each call a different person with a different story - being told that the luggage has been "found," but they weren't quite sure where, to filling out the declaration forms after one call suggested it might be a good idea to get ahead of the process, to the eventual arrival of them 5 days after I did) was enough for me. I'm leaving again in less than two weeks, and decided that I actually did need to buy an addition to the luggage my parents bought me as a teenager (as one of those rite-of-passage-to-adulthood Xmas or Bday presents), and got myself a 'cabin trolley.' It arrived yesterday (wow, do I love love online shopping) and for a cheap little red bag, it should do just fine as a conference carry-all (in addition to my shoulder bag) with one decent presentation outfit, comfies, walkabout clothes, a second pair of shoes and toiletries - and the paper/acetates/whatever I happen to be presenting with. Won't be able to bring along any crochet projects, but that's a small price to pay for worry-free luggage! Suh-weet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And cherry-red, so you'll never lose it! I think it's cute as a button.
Post a Comment