Anyone else getting this spam? In the last two months, I think I've received over 100 pieces of this particular image. I diligently click "mark item as spam" on my email via its web interface, and click "junk status" on my Thunderbird (and keep my adaware and spyware software up-to-date), but every day two or three more pieces of the exact same "sale" find their way to my inbox. The sender changes - and they always sound like very nice people: a Lenore Shields or a Mark Albright or a Harriet Hathaway, and the subject headings are always give-aways: "it do by Whitehall" or "you can is comfrey scallywag," or "It read at kraal expand." While it is a pain in the ass to have to filter through each day's emails hitting the 'junk' button and deleting all the garbage before reading, I'm a little astounded by its seemingly unstoppable infestation and infiltration of my every single day. Now, I don't know much about pharmaceuticals, so I looked them up: the first three - viagara, cialis, and levitra are all for erectile dysfunction, Ultram is a pain killer, and Soma seems to have multiple uses and abuses - many of which fall under the realm of myth and heresay. Why they're being sent en masse to a penis-less feminist who thinks twice about taking an Advil is beyond me.12 July 2005
spamimpotent
Anyone else getting this spam? In the last two months, I think I've received over 100 pieces of this particular image. I diligently click "mark item as spam" on my email via its web interface, and click "junk status" on my Thunderbird (and keep my adaware and spyware software up-to-date), but every day two or three more pieces of the exact same "sale" find their way to my inbox. The sender changes - and they always sound like very nice people: a Lenore Shields or a Mark Albright or a Harriet Hathaway, and the subject headings are always give-aways: "it do by Whitehall" or "you can is comfrey scallywag," or "It read at kraal expand." While it is a pain in the ass to have to filter through each day's emails hitting the 'junk' button and deleting all the garbage before reading, I'm a little astounded by its seemingly unstoppable infestation and infiltration of my every single day. Now, I don't know much about pharmaceuticals, so I looked them up: the first three - viagara, cialis, and levitra are all for erectile dysfunction, Ultram is a pain killer, and Soma seems to have multiple uses and abuses - many of which fall under the realm of myth and heresay. Why they're being sent en masse to a penis-less feminist who thinks twice about taking an Advil is beyond me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Soma? Soma?! Kerouac's spinning in his grave.
Seriously, wtf?
Viagra et al work by increasing the flow of blood to the genitals. They apparently have some beneficial effect for women as well. Where beneficial is defined as enhancing the sexual act or thwe chances there-of occuring.
Post a Comment