A little update on the garden experiment I've got going on on our fire escape. Lost the lush parsley to a load of concrete-like stuff that flew down from the apartment above (and replaced it with zucchini seeds that are growing like weeds!), but the rosemary, chives and oregano are looking fine, fine. Our resident squirrel hasn't eaten anything other than the heads off of all of the daisies, and the tomatoes...well, the tomatoes are looking good - this is the third beaut I've picked and made salt-and-pepper breakfast of, and the roma's are going to be ripe for the cooking in less than a week. So, so far, so good!
2 comments:
They're gorgeous, crisp, firm and junk-free. I look forward to each one and I don't even like tomatoes!
Counting the minutes until we have a little patch of actual ground to plant things in...It's going to be an organic fiesta!!
Post a Comment