25 June 2005

hot hot hot


So hot the cats aren't bugging me for treats and are baked out in front of a fan. So humid that my keyboard is a sticky mess and I have magically transformed into a camel - drinking endless amounds of water but not having to pee. Sleepy and sluggish hot. Being this hot makes staying in front of this machine a little easier (tacky keys aside) and it means that the little things that just couldn't wait until after my trip are done, the Oslo paper is shaping up slowly but surely, and there's a hefty amount of ready-to-get-a-move-on things that will be here to kick my ass when I return. It also means that this little stifling oven of a room is a disaster area and I haven't yet even contemplated packing. I have memorized the currency, though (divide by 5, divide by 5, divide by 5!) and found out that the chances are very good that it won't get much hotter than 21 degrees (the highest high for the region this time of year is 25), hurrah!!

No comments: