04 June 2005

a parsing I will go


I know I'm still very much a newbie with this blogging thing (and I know that I'm just stating the obvious here), but there's something still really remarkable to me about having a space where information collected from various sources on a single topic can be snipped, organized and then parsed in a single entry - and then editorialized. I'm a collector of the worst kind - storing interesting list-serv threads in email folders, snipping newspaper/magazine items or printing things out and then stacking or scrapbooking or filing them for potential use later on...so much space - virtual and material - used up for when I have time (ha) to revisit them, think about them, or write about them. I also still haven't gotten over the novelty of being able to delete said threads from my inbox once they've been compiled; knowing that they've been safely chronologized - the trajectory of events or discussions assembled in a neat clean format for easy access for whenever I discover that I (*gasp*) have a little free time and can do something with them. Again, I'm speaking the known and to the converted, but I'm still just so darned amazed by the...efficiency of it all!

No comments: