14 June 2005

rain, glorious rain


Just yesterday we were debating the pros and cons of trying a) to rationalize the initial cost and increased hydro of buying a little air conditioner and b) to figure out how and where we could find one cheap that would actually fit in the relatively new but unfortunately shaped windows in this small stagnant-air-filled space that I have been stupidly calling my "office" for the last two weeks (Isn't an "office" where one "works"?). And today, sweet sweet rain: no stifling humidity, no sticky keyboard, no incessant hand and face washing. Today I happily work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I too revel in the coolness that has followed this glorious downpour (all the while dreading the inevitable jump in humidity that is looming after the rain... hopefully some days from now), I am reminded of how the universe kicked my ass one last time around 6:30 this morning, when I awoke to the feeling that I was baking in an oven. Oh my god, a power-outage had caused all the fans trained on my naked body to shut off! Those fifteen minutes were pretty much the most hellish I could remember in recent years. Nice to know I was just being psyched out!