19 June 2005

today, interrupted


Today is Father's Day. It wasn't until around mid-day that I realized that the reason I've been feeling particularly edgy and off for the last little while was because of what I wasn't doing in preparation for today: no card or gift making, no strategizing with my sister, no trip to Ontario or to Canada Post...nothing. I reminded someone else to call their dad and then it hit me - I didn't have a call to make for the first time, ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean (and I'm sorry, should have asked you about this when we were chatting)... I like to think of it as a gift: one less holiday we need to remember...

blogging it out said...

its always good to have those special holidays that seem to hold a little irony in them. maybe its a time to just remember about remembering...