and you really do have to go back to school.
Ever have one of those days when the breadth of your world sort of makes itself so startingly clear that you just panic? Freak out? Hoo-boy, was today that day. Not only did the realization that I had to be in a classroom in less than 48 hours kick in, but the scope of the still-lost and hasn't-stopped-growing to-do list also reared it's ugly head. Of course, even starting the thinking about what's gotta be done leads to even more thinking about what else needs to be done and that leads to all the things that should have been done over the summer months and that leads to asking why those things haven't gotten done and the unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls lead to the complete and utter inability to do anything other than drive whomever happens to be in your immediate vicinity absolutely crazy. Am I alone with this spiralling here?
While the bastardization of Francis P. Church's New York Sun's editorial really doesn't shed much happy light on my labour day dilemmas, his personal motto helps a little bit: “Endeavour to clear your mind of can't.”
Off to make a brand-new list...
1 comment:
Ah, what a relief! YES! Let's do drinks soon soon!!! I teach on Wednesdays, and it looks as though I'm going to take Thursdays as my day off again this year...
Post a Comment