08 August 2005

homeward bound...2nd attempt


After a long bath, an amazing dinner (of salad and vegetables!!) a good dosage of red wine and Aliens on the telly, I hit the bed hard and woke early, comfortable and so, SO well rested. No Boom. Boom. absolutely makes a difference, as is spending some time with just me. Decided to skip breakfast and just revel in the luxury that was that room: took an extendo shower, drank tea and watched BBC. Interesting things happening in Britain, it seems. In the course of a few hours, I watched:
  • three "fixer-upper" shows in a row (flats, country homes, old pubs, spouses, and kids);
  • the news (featuring a spot on "anti-social behaviour" and how certain neighbourhoods were dealing with it as well as a longer spot on the "renaming of British ethnic groups" to include Asian-British, Indian-British, and Chinese-British seemingly as an attempt to diffuse tensions post-bombings and to increase unity. No, I didn't really get it either.
Headed down to the café just before lunchtime and had a delicious latte with a sweet crunchy thing and checked email - too much to even fathom dealing with it - read a couple of blogs and had a yummy lunch of salad and veggies. I think Dublin may have meat-and-potatoed me out. Checked out of heaven to cash up, check in at Terminal 4, and get outta dodge.

Of course I was early for boarding so I wandered around, found the scotch (yay! and paid for by British Airways!!), nabbed a magazine (I love that British fashion mags come with goodies) and a couple more souvenirs, chatted with a "lightwalker" (a spiritual man heading through Montréal to go to a peace and love convention in the states - apparently to help guide us all through the next phase of human evolution) and finally was off.

Again - and yes, I think it needs to be said again - the British are just so much more...civilized when it comes to travel.

Happily home now, and waiting for the jet lag to set in...

No comments: