22 August 2005

pot, holes & other pesties


Dude downstairs must be baked out of his gourd - the apartment reeks of skunk and the bongos are a-bouncing. Add the city ripping large holes into the street outside, and I swear I'm either high or going mad - or both! With so much on my plate and leaving for my mum's tomorrow (yup, the big move to the city is upon us!) I'm about stretched thin. While stress is often a really healthy thing that helps push a body (with mind) along to finish things off and get them gone, there is a point at which it acts as insta-productivity-freeze: for me, it means shuffling from one task to another, sort of tinkering with it, feeling the heart beat a bit, and then shuffling on to another or putting the kettle on for yet another cup of tea. Today that regular routine is coupled with why me's: Why does he have to smoke his entire score today? The city has had no-parking notices up for over a week, why rip holes in the asphalt today? And why does no one in this city rent laptops out for the short term?? OK, yeah - poor me. Really, I'm jealous of dude's unending leisure time and glad the street is getting fixed. I am a bit bummed at the laptop dilemma though. And the getting-shit-done thing just ain't happenin' - I even lost the insane to-do list in this mountain of paper...

Truth told, I am looking forward to going tomorrow. Doing some manual labour, seeing my fave aunt and uncle, drinking beer, playing cards and playing with Tank and helping my mum get the hell outta dodge. Moving is exciting; it signals newness and fresh starts and possibilities... And this move, you may recall, has been a long time in the coming. It's the getting there part that's making me a bit nuts...

1 comment:

Candis said...

IITS was a no-go, unfortunately. But am so so down with you, some beverages, a pack of smokes and an evening of GTA!!