OK, so I've emerged from the depths of my bibliography of 50+ citations on 'feminist generations' and written my second comprehensive examination. Even got some r & r and shut off the ol' noggin for a day. Now all that's left to do is to create a new bibliography (this time consisting of only 15-20 citations - I'm definitely, positively going to stick to the alloted range this round) and start prepping for the next one (gotta start thinking hard about 'nostalgia' now...). And, of course, continue on with the teaching and marking (and now the proofreading of the book, which just arrived in from the publisher), get zoomed up for a couple of guest talks, sleep a bit more, go for some walks, cut down on the caffiene and tobacco, and try to resume the blog. I refuse to look at what actually emerged during that 3-day exam - all I can really remember is liking one section, thinking a couple of paragraphs weren't half bad and potentially salvagable for the diss, wondering about the overly-sociological sounding beginning of the second half, and the panic that hit when the final hours approached. I'm afraid of it wreaking havoc on my nice, calm post-comp zen...
Today's no-brainer: making sure my baby's happy and relaxed and full of cake on his birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment